Home Page for Appraisers
Note: The Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) has adopted changes to the Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria that will take effect January 1, 2015.
For additional information, visit the Appraisal Foundation website at http://www.asc.gov.
- Education and experience must be completed prior to taking the National Uniform Licensing and Certification Examinations.
- Applicants for the Certified Residential and Certified General classifications must possess a Bachelorís degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants for the Licensed Residential classification must have successfully completed 30 semester hours of college-level education from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university or have an Associateís degree or higher from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university.
- Revisions to the Appraiser Trainee classification include a requirement to take a course oriented to the requirements and responsibilities of Trainee Appraisers and Supervisory Appraisers.
- New Supervisory Appraiser requirements.