Home Page for Appraisers
The TALCB New Website is Coming Soon. In the interim, be aware of the changes below that went into effect on January 1, 2015:
Note: The Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) has adopted changes to the Real Property Appraiser Qualification Criteria that went into effect on January 1, 2015.
- Education and experience must be completed prior to taking the National Uniform Licensing and Certification Examinations.
- Applicants for the Certified Residential and Certified General classifications must possess a Bachelorís degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants for the Licensed Residential classification must have successfully completed 30 semester hours of college-level education from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university or have an Associateís degree or higher from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university.
- Revisions to the Appraiser Trainee classification include a requirement to take a course oriented to the requirements and responsibilities of Trainee Appraisers and Supervisory Appraisers.
- New Supervisory Appraiser requirements.
For additional information, visit the Appraisal Foundation website at http://www.asc.gov.